Saturday, August 4, 2012

Sadness

Well, it has happened. His heart is broken. I saw it coming. I could do nothing to stop it. What do you do to help a 13 year old boy with his first heartbreak?

I saw it coming last weekend. They have been together (non-stop) for the past 2 weeks due to band camp. Last weekend we took a group of kids to Atlanta to see DCI (Drum Corps International - it's like watching 20 half time shows in a row). I noticed that they never went off together - she always went with older kids. E isn't pushy, he seemed OK with it. But I noticed. One boy in particular, a Senior. What she doesn't realize is this boy is gay. She doesn't have a shot. But he's older and he's paying attention to her. And as an 8th grader, that is very enticing.

Well, last night, he asked her if she wanted to go to a movie today. She dumped him. He sat and stared at the computer screen for about 30 minutes. Didn't move.  When he did move, he went to his room and locked the door. Wouldn't come out to eat. He seems better this morning, but I guess time will tell.

1 comment:

  1. :( Soo sad! We know it has to happen but it is so very sad...

    ReplyDelete