Saturday, November 21, 2009

It's been a while...

I've been MIA for a couple of weeks...I've been reading everyone else's blogs, maybe even left a comment, but I haven't had the urge to write anything myself. But, a lot has happened in the past few weeks, so I'm going to take the easy way out and use bullet points!
  • Had my last chemo treatment!!! Now I can move on to the next step. 30 treatments of radiation. (Updated 12/5 - 34 treatments. 34. 7 weeks.) I will glow in the dark and have a sunburn on my bewb...but as soon as that is over, NEW BEWBS! Like, with nipples and everything! I'm so tired of having bewbs with no nipples. They just look odd.
  • Evan is hitting puberty. Hairy legs, pimples and a smart-ass mouth that rivals mine. I won't do this...but how I WANT to smack it sometimes. Good grief. He will be 11 next week.
  • Cleaned out Evan's closet. He is wearing a Men's Medium. Wow. Know anyone who could use some Men's Small shirts? Ebay, here I come. I have a huge pile of clothes he can't wear and his closet is still full. FULL. I'm requesting no clothes for Christmas or birthday. There is no room for them. And THAT is the definition of a spoiled child.
  • Almost finished my Christmas shopping. I have all neices and nephews done; my Mom's, Mike's Mom both finished. Still left? Evan, Dad and Mike. The 3 hardest to buy for.
  • Saw New Moon with Glamour Girl. This is our tradition - seeing the movie on opening day while the screaming teenage girls are in school. Since Eclipse opens in June...that will be out the window. Oh, we will still go, but we will need to take valium before hand.
  • Getting ready for Thanksgiving - so today will be full of cooking...casseroles and cookies. I'm trying to make choc chip cookies for a diabetic child...I hope they turn out right!

OK, maybe not as much happened as I thought. But some of that was really time consuming!

4 comments:

  1. Hurray for last Chemo treatment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea! so glad to hear about the chemo. I hope you enjoyed New Moon. I have a habit of hating the movies after I have read the book, so I just decide not to spend the money. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Last Chemo! Awesome!!!! Amazing!!!!

    Again as we discussed after our "Jacob arm coma" was wearing off...A BIT TOO much has changed over the past 12 months. NEITHER one of us would have guessed or believed anyone who told us where we would be now had we known.

    For the love.

    And Evan...crap. I'm sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Took the boys to see new moon, WOW, those boys sure do put a whole new meaning to the term 6 PACK, really makes you wonder about this whole COUGAR thing. ;-).

    I've got one through puberty and one on the way so I'm feeling you girl.

    Yeah no more chemo, hang in there by next year you will be you PLUS a hundred x's better!

    ReplyDelete