Friday, July 16, 2010

Decisions, decisions

March, 2009 was a turning point in my life. I know I've written something about this before...but I'm too lazy to go back and see what I actually said. And a year and a half later, my perspective has changed anyway, so.

I January of '09 I turned 40. In March '09 I had my much dreaded mammogram. And we all know how that turned out. So, next year was filled with doctor's appointments, chemo, radiation and all the fabulous things that cancer entails. Well, here it is, July 2010. I've finished everything except for the final reconstruction. We (my little family) made it through the mess, and we are in a much better place than we were before. I know what I can expect from Mike - he really stepped up. OK, it took a little prodding. And for reality to set in. And Evan - what can I say about my little man? He is a strong little boy.

All I have left to do is the final reconstruction - I get rid of these funky shaped tissue expanders and get REAL implants that look like REAL boobs. I'll probably get to do that in September. Yea! Perky boobs! With nipples and everything!!!

To celebrate, I want to get my first (and probably last) tattoo. I want a phoneix - this was a suggestion from Miss Grace (who has one of the most awesome tattoos of all time). I don't even know if she remembers the suggestion, but it stuck in my head. I want something feminine...and it took a while, but I think I've found what I want to use for a pattern. Except I want the body shaded in either a crimson or pink.

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE it.

    Understood?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is gorgeous. So feminine. So pretty. Really LOVE it!
    (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Love it! Your color choices? Red? or Pink? Well "red" is the color associated with passion! (and fire)....The pink is cool too since that is the color of the breast cancer awareness stuff that is out there.

    Well....apparently I am no help - as you see I could either way. Guess it comes down too what do you want to FEEL when you look at it! (A) I survived breast cancer (2)or I whipped breast cancer's ass! (OH, apparently I am leaning toward the red...)

    LOL! ~ It is beautiful and I am certain it look wonderful in any color!

    (Suggestion....print off two copies - color in the bodies with the colors you are thinking of and stick them side-by-side on the wall - live with it a day or two ~ then you will KNOW!! ~ That is how I choose a paint color when painting a room!! LOL!!! Bet it works for tatoos also!!) And btw ~ you are extremely courageous and victorious! ~ Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete