Thursday, January 20, 2011

Step One - Spend lots of money

The first night of class the point was clear: we want your money, and lots of it. I bought my tools and my materials. I can't describe how this thing is going to be put together except the big piece is the back and frame and the 3 stacks will be used to make blocks - green-ish, purple-ish and pink-ish. This week the homework is to wash the material and then iron it. The next class will be 2/1 and I think we will be cutting? Maybe some sewing?

And if I get lucky, I may be the only person in the class. There was one other lady this week, but she was only there because she couldn't make it to the day class. I hope to heaven she doesn't decide to come at night. She drove me AND the teacher crazy, though the teacher tried to keep it from showing. But if she does come at night, I will be nice. For a while.

5 comments:

  1. The materials are pretty! I love that color scheme. Don't they always want your money?? haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to do something that would go with the room I accidentally painted lavender...but wound up with this bundle. Most of these were in a 'bundle'...so I just had to add a few extra pieces. I'm so excited about getting started!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the materials! REminds me of when Tiny Fists of Fury and I took the sewing class in Hoover. Everyone else 'got it'. I however ended up trying to make chaps instead of pants. I didn't excatly have the full picture in my mind. Bottom line - I'm NOT a sew type candidate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If it is in the family of purple or lavendar I LOVE IT -- very nice choices!! I really hope your "friend" does not show back up - it would take a little sting out of the price of things for one-on-one classes!!

    Learning to sew is one of my new year's resolutions - we will see........part of the reason I want to learn to sew is that I have seveal tee-shirts, skirts, dresses, etc. that are extremely sentimental and I want to make a memory quilt - I think those are so cool...

    ReplyDelete
  5. ((PS)) So glad you are "back" I've missed you..

    ReplyDelete