Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Update

Wow. It has been a while since I posted. It has been crazy busy around our house and I have just let this slide. Football season was a seemingly unending adventure. We had something every single Friday night as well as several Saturdays. And let me tell you - working a consession stand on Friday nights will wear you out for the rest of the weekend. But, I'll do it all again next season because all that work translates into money for the band. And as wonderful as the band has been for Evan, I'll do whatever they need. Which brings me to this weekend. This weekend we have a Queen of Hearts pageant for the middle school girls. 34 girls - grades 6 thru 8. It's a pretty good fundraiser for us, but man, is it work. Last weekend I spent all day Saturday making sure the band room was clean because that is the staging area for the girls. This weekend, I'll spend Friday night cleaning the classroom we will use for a hospitality room for the parents/kids that will be working the pageant. Saturday, I'll be running the hospitality room. Mom and I are cooking so the workers will actually have some protien and not be running on a cookie/cake/chip high.

What shocked me about this pageant is Evan. Yeah, I'm requiring him to work it. But he's doing it with a smile. Last weekend he helped with the stage artwork. I've scratched out a face and a shirt... I don't know those people that well, so I don't want to put anything identifiable... anyway... Evan helped sketch the poster and even directed the older kids on how to draw what they wanted. He spent his whole Saturday working on this and went back after school Monday to help finish.
But for the night of the pageant he is going to usher - get the ticket holders to their seats. And this is how he MAY look...with an adjustment to the tie. And possibly a smile.  He has another suit and I picked up a bow tie today (black with red guitars) so he may wear that... but I'm not sure. I'll leave it up to him. I'm just glad he's vountarily dressing in a suit.


PS - today is our 20 year anniversary. And we are still alive. And not in jail.

1 comment:

  1. Oh...my....goodness... How Evan has grown and soo handsome! I am so glad you gave us your blog. Oh how I miss this. I love facebook...but...this is so much more into our lives and how we really are. It's been so long that I've blogged that I had a hard time finding me (hahahaha) But oh how good it feels to reconnect again. I hope the other girls do the same and dust off their ole blogger keys and join in. I truly want all of us to update ourselves. Former Glamour Girls moving on. :) You are 'one busy momma'. I miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete