Friday, March 15, 2013

Thank God for Grandparents!

Yesterday I got a call that every parent dreads. I knew when I saw the phone number it wouldn't be good. Evan's principal. Apparently, he tripped over his own over-grown feet and fell FACE FIRST into some asphalt at PE.

Of course, I carpooled yesterday. My parents are out of town, so I called my Mother In Law. She was a nervous wreck, but she picked him up and met me at the ER (a friend from work took me). Nothing is broken, CT was fine. However, he did get 4 stitches in his eyebrow.  This was our first trip to the ER with Evan and he handled it like a champ. His Uncle Chris is a teacher @ his school and heard the gossip from some of his ball players. The told him that Evan got 'mad man points' because he didn't even start to tear up...if this had been me, I would have been ALL tears!

 
Since I had to wake him every 2 hrs (checking for head injury), he's still in bed and I'm working from home. I'm so grateful to have help when I need it! Without my MIL, I would have been lost yesterday!

No comments:

Post a Comment